Sunday 10 April 2016

Self-portrait With Beanie Hat



I don't know why but I have a keen on hats, no matter whether its a bowler hat, a trilby hat, a beanie hat, a costume hat or a simple knitted hat.  I buy one or two in every year, especially love the unusual ones like that fox-eared I have. I even made at home once some crazy hats with eyes or another one was a tea-party hat with bloody tea cups on it… etc. You can see them here

This is my favourite. I bought this beanie two years ago [in H&M…] but I still love it, it inspired me for a painting as well
I asked my mom where this mania came from. According to her when I was a child I always "borrowed" her and dad's old hats since I was 5-6 years old and I run up and down on the streets in them or sang and danced at home in those enormous hats… Thank Buddha I ended for good – at least - this behaviour… Now my youngest nephew started this hobby as I see... Haha

But about beanies too…
I can't believe how accurately the 90's in fashion again… [beside the hippie era] I mean there are almost exactly the same shirts and others in the shops… fashion designers run out of every original ideas for a long time now… that business world will blow up once but who cares…
I just think I regret that I threw away those great glittered jelly rubber platform sandals I had when I was teen… I remember that every jewelry of mine was white daisy, blue flowers and neon green things… I even had those disgusting plastic dummies as well, 10 or 15 hanged in my neck... ~Urgh /And I just wonder why I was hated in school… Hahaha/ I still try to find my silver glittered plastic U.F.O sunglasses in the cellar, I can't remember which box I put in…. ~Ugh strange fashion was in those times too…

I can't believe I have found on the net, I had in gold glitter version... nice, eh?
About beanie hats I remembered this video from 1994 with the girl with the yellow hat and dark lipstick at 2:35. It's just I like the girl's styling or what... gives me memories... [Don't laugh on the music! Haha]
Video from YouTube. Well I borrowed it.

Funny or not I was a huge rave and dreamdance music fan when I was teen [beside the glorious hair metal and grounge of course]. RMB was one of my favourite band as well as this - and only - song from the - now odd - East17. Focus on that loooong hat, soo epic now, and those serious faces!! Hahaha



So this is my first digital oil work

I'm still a beginner yet in digital painting as well as in oil, I try to find my own way. There are some parts I don't like now and at the next work I will try to avoid the mistake. 
I'm planning to take some lessons by web course from this guy. He studied classical portraiture in Florence! Oh that nasty fortunate one... 

I made this in ArtRage4. I love modern era inventions like this painting program too. For a hobbyist like me oil paint, canvas and the others are very pricy fun in Hungary, not to mention that our home is small to collect canvases just for, so it was a worth to buy this program instead. I already have an old drawing tablet [Wacom], so painting and drawing with these is much more easier, not to mention cheaper to me. No mess, no strong paint smell... Although I'm an artist I cannot bear oil or other paints and reducer smell… give me headache... interesting but I don't care. 

Why purple eyebrows?
In the 90's ravers liked to color their eyebrows [beside many other loony habits…]. I don't know what was the good in it, I never did. But now that crazy era is in fashion again so I gave it a try… and purple because it's me... Haha
Marusha was also one of my favourite rave musician in those times. She weared beanies all the time and liked to color her eyebrows green… She was/is a very unique persona.

This hat is fun... or is it just me again... nevermind 

But the memories just rushed me again...Sorry but I need to put here some teen favourites of mine... Here are my very close favourites from Dune, Marusha, U96, RMB, Prodigy... Really don't laugh! Haha These songs were real hits in those times. Today "ravers" know nothing about those sounds... And although I never was a club person, I never went to disco or whatever, but I also have my memories in my own way about that - now looks strange - era... Good Day!/Szép napot!