Friday 22 April 2016

Dishes of this week



As I wrote once I eat the vegan way on the weekdays because it's good to my health. I never could be vegetarian and probably never will and I always thought that eating a dish without meat means more hunger and have a feeling to run a chips bag and the cookie jar. Not every vegan dish is this or maybe I chose the right ones what make good cheer as they are beside that they are healthy and tasty. I don't know, but this week I tried out some new recipes.

At last the taste/recipe I've searched for. I love korma but neither my previous home tryings nor the pre-made ones were not the same as that taste I love in my fave Indian restaurant on Budapest. So I'm glad I've found exactly the same taste. I made this from potato, carrot, green pea and zucchini.
This 'VegRecipes of India' blog is very good, I tried many things from it and worked and tasted wonderfully, and if I want I add some white meat. The recipes looks very complicated and circumstantial at first, but I made my dishes on the easiest way I could, especially because the maximum time in our tiny kitchen I can endure is 1 or 1 1/2 hour, not a minute more... Probably I not very do the authentic way of Indian cooking but the taste is great at the end and this is what only matters to me.


I mixed this with some other recipes but the base is the same. 
First I made it from real potato instead of frozen pack... I never use can tomato either only the paste sometimes, so I add 4 tomatoes, chopped. Beside the much coriander - and tonnes of chili - I add a little bit of cumin, ground ginger, cinnamon, fennel seeds and turmeric. These spices in one are the Royco Mchuzi[1], Kenya's famous spice mix for almost every dish but especially for beef. And last although my ketchup is not homemade or the common kind but the kid version from the supermarket [100% natural, without starch, preservatives and dyes, I love the kid stuffs more and more...], beside tomato it made from other vegetables, fruits and spices so this also gave to the sauce a special taste. You can make this as a side dish or like me just stuff as it is... Great! 

After the korma I tried another favourite of my from India out of happyness. Also by 'VegRecipes of India' I made the Dal Makhani [in our simple kitchen language: lentil in spicy tomato sauce Haha] It was a success as well and also the same taste as in that restaurant.
So this was a happy week Hahaha [leastwise at home, some of the annoying colleagues in the office were extra annoying on this week, maybe because of the aspect of planets…? or not… but why always find only me to shout at when they are in a bad mood, because they think I'm just a worthless office assistant...? Fuck them all... I'm the one who could honestly shout a big... being among these uncultured jerks for almost 9 hours from Monday to Friday...] Anyway, next time I'll try to post a Hungarian recipe already, I promise. It's just if I cook/try something new delicious thing I need to share with someone... it's a family tradition Haha So if I have this blog now I share with the readers, maybe they have the same taste or just for.

Good Day!/Szép napot!

[1] Royco Mchuzi spice mix = cumin, coriander, turmeric, garlic powder, cinnamon, ground ginger, ground fennel, sugar, salt and bullion cube.