Saturday 3 October 2015

Autumn Soup

Who is able to eat warm soup at hot summer days...? I can't. So the best thing when it's colder outside, that you can enjoy more the tasty soups, stews and broths. I like good weather but as Garbage played once "I'm only happy when it rains". And it is raining! Beautiful sound... So let's make some soup

My Top Ten Soup
1. Goulash Soup [What did you expect?! Haha]
2. Hungarian Chicken Soup [I post the recipe later.] 
3. Fisherman's Soup a la Szeged/Szegedi halászlé [I will post this later too.]
4. Spicy Korean Tofu Stew [recipe by Jaden Hair]
5. Curry Ramen [This charming Korean boy knows how to make the easiest but the tastiest one. But I make this without meat.]
6. Pumpkin, Sweet Potato And Chicken Stew [I just realized that I lost the recipe *about to cry* when my external hard drive went wrong a month ago and all my important data 'gone with the wind'... but there are many variations on the net so I try to find it...]
7. Chicken Udon Noodle Soup [Try this one! Its taste from that little piece of anise... Heaven!]
8. Vifon Instant Kim Chi Tao... [The only quick soup I can eat. I prefer home cooking or restaurant style and the most quick soups taste the same and unhealthy as well... but this one is the only exception for me. Although its a Korean taste soup I enjoy eating this with Japanese tempura battered shrimps... When two good cultures meet... Haha]
9. Ravioli And Vegetable Soup [I just ♥ it and I always make this with ravioli what filled with spinach and ricotta. Perfect match!] 
10. Beef Khao Soi [Wasabi version. One of the best far east style restaurant at Budapest, but a little bit pricy as well so we eat there with my friends only on special occasions.]

New on my list! The first time I made the Doenjang Jjigae [recipe by Maangchi], one of Korean's main stews. Thanks to a little Asian Gourmet Shop at Budapest [Vámház Square 5, next to Market Hall], where you can buy any kind of spice and other special ingredients as well such as the fermented bean paste. I just don't know where to put this soup on my list, too tasty... Haha And much better than cold medicine! Asians know what is good, especially this Maangchi lady. I love her recipes.
Good Day!/Szép napot!