Monday 3 October 2016

-

Aquamarine passed away on Sunday dawn. Her little heart was tired from the sleeplessness and her body didn't bear the much medicine she got onto her pain. She didn't had infection, she had ileus problems, what according to the doctor can come suddenly and very common at rodents. And said that 6 years old is sadly an average dying age at dwarf rabbits… I don't know and I don't care I want her back. What is this, only three days and everything is over? On Saturday morning back from the doctor she seemed to be better, she remembered me for a minute or two. But at the afternoon she was in pain again. I needed to feed and water her with pipette because she was week from the medicines. My heart just hurt.. The heater went all day and night, I massaged her back to bring back her blood circulation from time to time… nothing helped. I waited for the morning to tell the doctor let's end her pain, but she slept away in dawn for good, at least among her loved ones and in a warm place. She had been cremated… there is a little white urn on my shelf. Her ashes will be spread on the fringe of the forest at Zirc, where she was born in a nearbie farm. We will spread her ashes at early Spring time when the forest flowers are blooming. She was my little Spring. I don't know what to do with myself, my eyes are puffy and red from the continuous cryings even on my workplace.. I loved that little face, those beuatiful eyelashes, her eternal joyful eyes when she just looked at me… I'm unconsolable. I thought it will be fun having a pet rabbit, but I didn't counted or hoped that I will had such unique little angel like her. She was my lucky star, my healer too after my father's death. She gave me happiness when I couldn't find happiness even in my own kind… She changed me, she saved me. I don't care if people just laugh at me that "it was just a pet for god's sake"… I think this is the proof that she wasn't just any pet for me and why pets are for if not to give us help, hope, support and friendship, they love us unconditionally, we who don't deserve these things most of the time… the least we should do is give them everything what they deserve, as in their life as in their death.