Wednesday 22 July 2015

Noisy Veszprém

Veszprém is usually a very sleepy town and now I was polite. No kiddin'... On autumn and winter there is noone in the streets after 5pm except some homeless, old drunkens and hooligan kids. It could be scary especially on winter. Only in May and on summer has the town some bigger festivals to wake up the people from their winter sleep like wine or beer festival [but I just call it "Ogre Festival"... sorry but some men on these evenings behave like Shrek doesn't...], VeszpremFest [Surprisingly it became more popular than a few years ago. It's cool although the ticket can be pricy sometimes.] and the Street Music Festival. Today has just started this last one. In the beginning Street Music Festival was about that mostly beginner or amateur singers, musicians and bands played on the streets all afternoon and evening for 4 days and at many places in the town from etno, jazz, electronic to hip hop, rock/metal and classical music. But I remember on an amateur goth rock duo too! Usually there were some famous Hungarian bands as well, but the meaning of this festival was to give a chance to the - yet - noname artists and brave enteprisers. When the festival has been over the current jury has awarded the most famous musician/band/singer of the street. I think it is a nice idea. But it was about 12 years ago. I was on the first ones only. I lived on Budapest for many years so I try not to miss out this year. I'm curious what has changed since then [hope not much]. I saw the flyer and the artists are mostly pro outlanders [although I don't know neither one of them]. There are Hungarian bands on the list as well whom will play during the day how I see but the evening is for pro artists from all over Europe. It sounds good anyway but I hope that there will be some brave amateurs too, they can be funny and surprisingly good! Sometimes they can be better than a pro one... But the best part of this festival that it's all free [especially if you skip eating and drinking anything they sell on the scene... which can be more pricy than usual. Clever...].
Anyhow the ad design of this years festival is cute I think
[Picture from utcazene.hu]

Hmm well, let's see hear...

Good Day!/Szép Napot!