Wednesday 26 July 2017

SMF 2017

Last week was around the annual Street Music Festival here, my time of the year. Better than Christmas if you ask me… Food Truck Show with my favourites [plus 2 new ones] and bands from everywhere.

Let's see this year's top 5 performancers [in my opinion]:

5. Das Universal Druckluft Orchester
This German old man was... That jellyfish-like umbrella 😆😆😆 I don't know what to say, just watch 😆😂





4. The Crazy Rogues
Celtic pub punk-rock music, but the thing is this is a band from here, Veszprém. They played very nicely and I gave my vote for them. 

 

3. Roots Rising
I rarely listen reggae, but this Dutch band was awesome in live and very much half-naked… 😄😅


 
2. Echo Town
Brothers from Cornwall, only drum and guitar, but sounded great!!!
I love Cornwall. I would gladly live there too, but only after I lived in Edinburgh, and Tokyo, and New Zealand, and Crete, and in a French castle, and Alaska too… ok. Too many good places, but too short life and small budget… 😄




1. My winner is: Lyre Le temps
Frenetic electro-swing band from France. I watched them twice. Their stage was before my workplace, so it was funny to dance where I go to work every day… 😅 [the vid is very poor as usual, maybe search for them on youtube]


I missed my favourite duo this year: Sári with her saxophone and man. 😞
And take a look at my last year no.1, The Trouble Notes guys. They were here again! 😊 


So two new food-trucks were there. One selled quiches and one what selled homemade sausages. 😺

I tried this spinach-sundried tomato quiche and two eclairs. I miss them... 😭

Waffle! 😙
Then this Sausage-dog was the crown of the festival… god… Lactose free orange-oregano-pork sausage with homemade mustard, braised onion and fresh ruccola in crispy ciabatta. ~Ohmm 🙏 🙌 🙇
The truck belongs to the Lakatos Műhely restaurant.
They also has a shop in Budapest in the Nagysándor József street. The owner is a well-known Hungarian stylist and socalite, Márk Lakatos. I'm not really into the topic but I know him well… I worked at some smaller fashion shows in the background under his conduct and I didn't enjoy it at all... Fashion world is not my thing but I needed the money. If you ask me he is better as gastro-man as stylist… and this is not only my opinion. But as a restaurant chief he is really good [and more patient in this business than on a fashion show…]. As I heard this was his big dream to establish this small [but always full] home-style cooking restaurant. You can try there classical Hungarian dishes but with a new twist and sausages in many ways. Nice work!

Wonder Wom Wheel


Another crazy fella...😆😆😆
 


Good Day!/Szép napot!