Thursday 9 March 2017

Seahorse Pipe And Cookie Tobacco

So it seems I can stay another year in that holy place [office] with the sunny-shiny holy trinity [colleagues]... well, better than nothing. But this week is mine, due to the new start starts only on next Monday. Till then I have/had nothing to do but eat, sleep, paint, read and the new one... to puff.

When I was young I always considered myself an anti-smoker and I was till I was at the end of my twenties. My college final year was a hell and one day I just bought a pack of cigarette... Especially liked kretek [Djarum Black], that Indonesian kind with clove. My luck that later I hadn't got the money for such things [neither cigarette nor vodka and tequila...] anymore because of the unemployment so I just quitted smoking... Ok I finish talking about my late decadent life... The point is that sadly I missed something or I don't know what was in my mind in this January. I thought about buying a tobacco pipe. My dad used to smoke when he was younger. I found his beautiful handmade carved briar pipe. Maybe the memories about him again I cannot put aside... Anyway. I watched again one of my favourite the Jeremy Brett's Sherlock series when I just said to myself "I should buy a pipe". With the age I'm more and more loony... What is missing are a hundred cats, or in my case a hundred bunnies...
Well I didn't know a thing about this whole topic, but what is the internet for. I found some pretty nice sites about the history of tobacco pipes etc. In Hungary the first pipe shop was the '
Gallwitz' on Váci street at Budapest. A Hungarian-Jewish business family established it somewhen in the late 19th century and they still has this first shop. They had their own hardships through the 20th century. The shop was the first in Hungary what not only selled [their own] handmade pipes but other pipes from popular brands and tobaccos as well [Dunhill, Savinelli, Peterson]. I found their story interesting. I was in the original shop not long ago and now it's run by the grandson of the establisher Mr. Lipót Gallwitz.

Then the next thing was to buy one... Well, Ebay is the less expensive for me, so I started to search something I would like but not to costly, due to I'm a starter so maybe it's not
necessary to start with a Peterson or Vauen or whatever else... but I doubt I will have money for such branded pipes later as well.

Well as I saw this Mr.Bróg brand is somewhat popular in Europe among the average budget customers like me too. They have nice designs and as I saw they are handmade. I bought a pear-wood pipe. I know the best is from briar, but as for a start this is good enough for me [to ruin under a short time].

So from the variety of Mr.Bróg I chose this pretty one, called Seahorse

I think it's cute [typical female opinion about everything I know...], but look a tiny seahorse

As for tobacco I bought this nut flavoured from Peterson. The smell is torturing, reminds me of a Hungarian cake, the Zserbó [chocolate, walnut, marmalade and vanilla pastry]. Yep, nutty flavour for a nutty lady...

My first was incredibly funny... I felt myself an old pirate or something... Hahaha 
My face as I concentrated... Hahhahha I had to relight my pipe min. 15 times... I did very lame at the beginning Hahha but who cares...

The mess I left 

So thanks for Sherlock Holmes and the hobbits for I wanted to try this fun too... but I think I will just do this piping thing moderately because I'm still against smoking... or am I just shut up this time? Ok.
Good Day!/Szép napot!