Monday 22 February 2016

Weekend At Budapest



It was refreshing seeing the capital and my friend again. 
…and eating a good of course… [you know I starve at home... Haha]

If I had the money and time I would visit every foodie places on Budapest and write only about restaurants - instead of my "interesting" life in this flittle town… Haha

Where I begin…

I started the weekend with a breakfast at


I prefer homemade coffee more [cheaper, healthier] but Starbucks is only at Budapest so once or twice in a year [and the other coffee-houses are sucks for me] and anyhow it's Starbucks, the cafe with a mermaid logo - actually it is Melusine or the Greek Echidna… -, so this is enough for me you know… Hahaha

First day round…

A new place for me, I found it on the net. I wanted to eat a real burger. I rearly eat hamburger and other typical USA things but if I want one I want from somewhere homemade place or I make it at home… I hate those street burger foodtrucks where the meat is from a manufactured frozen pack… not to mention the rest. And of course McDo and Burg. King aren't my favourite places as well… So I picked this W35 restaurant from the 'We-Heart-Budapest' hamburger-places-top-list and hoped it would be good. It was good! The bun is homemade, the meat is homemade, the sauces are homemade, the waiters are ho- ..they were nice.
Beside hamburger you can find Mexican dishes as well on the menu.
[Photo from www.flyerz.hu]

I never ate a hamburger with knife and fork before… it was funny. A pish-posh hamburger place Haha



My friend is vegetarian so she chose this nice looking vegan hambi. 

According to her it was delicious although she got simple chips instead of fried potato, because the fried potato is always pre-baked in goose grease… [sorry but it means to me four stars from the imaginary five… If there is vegan menu then make an option to everything.] I don't like this kind of chips either, even if it's homemade. The fried potato was very tasty [although instead of grease I more prefer olive oil], but the cabbage chow was specially delicious. It would be good to know what kind of seasoner they use. ~Yamm

As for me I made a mistake… since my childhood I eat almost everything with hot paprika or chili. So I chose ingenuously their 'hot hamburger'. Anywhere I eat, I always choose the hottest dish. I bear it really, but I just don't know how many chili was in this hamburger but I didn't feel my tongue at the end at all... But what I mostly taste was delicious Hahaha

Next day…

If you are into 'curry', Budapest has many good places, but if you want the best [in my opinion] that is Bombay Curry Bar [somewhere on the net you can find under its old name, Bombay Express]. It is under Andrássy Avenue 28. A nice and cozy place with nice but modest decoration. Only the background music what they could rethink [radio]. I like this place since my first year of college and I loved – beside the food – the good Indian oldies what the speaker played [Ravi Shankar, Asha Bhosle etc.]. 
I don't know whether the dishes are authentic or not [seems to] but everything is plenty and delicious.

Well the price is high, but I think every little crumbs worth it [I actually eat every little crumbs…]. 
[Photo from bombaycurrybar.hu]
I chose the classic Chicken Korma this time. I can cook some traditional Indian dishes at home but korma just never that tasty than here.

Mango Souffle ~Olle!

Do you remember PadThai restaurant I wrote about before, where the toilet wishes us happiness and relax? Now this place wishes us 

But of course Budapest is not only about eating... Haha My friend and I were happy to see each other again after months.

Say hello to Barack [means 'apricot'], the little princess of my friend's sister

I can't belive they found her by a road, abandoned…
So they saved her, loved her and here it is the result, a beautiful and cute little being. She is extremely shy but it's obvious after what happened to her as a little puppy… or some things better to not know…


She's a mudi crossbreed. Mudi is a Hungarian herding dog, a very rare breed, what was not created on purpose, therefore without breeding programs it could face extinction, so there are various mudi rescue associations across the country.

And if mommy and doggy take a nap just follow their order! "~Sshhh I'm sleeping!"
I like this cute drawing, as well as the whole family. Mom is a crafter, makes beautiful patchworks, dad is a sci-fi writer, little sister makes cute diy things like this Advent Calendar too

and older sister [my friend] paints beautiful illustrations! Visit her Instagram and be amazed! ☆⌒(❀^-°)v

Good Day!/Szép napot!